ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Twente (UT)
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/10/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Enschede
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The new research chair addresses the relations between the microstructures and the macroscopic properties of a wide range of engineering materials, including metals, polymers and composites.
The research chair aims to develop and utilize advanced numerical techniques to describe process-structure-property relations for heterogeneous and polycrystalline structural materials, with the objective to propose new material designs with improved properties in terms of performance and processing.
The research chair will have access to and collaborate with the ThermoPlastic composites Research Centre, a leading and unique international research institute on thermoplastic composites (www.tprc.nl). The TPRC is a is a public private partnership, bringing together experts in the field focusing on increasing knowledge of these materials and of their behaviour, product design and processing technologies. University of Twente is a host institution of the TPRC.
The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- A full-time tenured position as Professor with a competitive salary and excellent benefits;
- An international work environment, with colleagues from many different countries from all over the world;
- Excellent research facilities;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A family friendly institution, offering support for (the careers of) partners and family.
Web site for additional job details
Working in close cooperation with the other professors in the Faculty and Department, the candidate will play a leading and inspiring role in strengthen and broaden our fundamental research portfolio and teaching programs in (structural) material engineering. As such, applicants will be selected based on their potential to initiate and lead novel scientific research, develop and contribute to modern educational programs and invest in international networks. Thus, the successful appointee will be expected to:
- be an outstanding scientist within the field of micro-mechanical analyses in structural materials with a close link to experimental characterization and validation;
- have a clear and inspiring vision on the future development of the field;
- have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivate student-learning (You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this);
- be an excellent and inspiring teacher and coach, with a proven capability of leading a multi-disciplinary team;
- be actively involved in the relevant academic networks and able to engage with both science and industry;
- be able to demonstrate a track record in successfully obtaining grant funding;
- have strong communication skills in English.
Information and application
An executive search exercise is being undertaken by Perrett Laver to assist the recruitment committee. Applications should consist of a covering letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position and a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
Perrett Laver may be contacted for informal enquiries and questions about the post on +31 (0)20 240 4378 or email@example.com, applications can be uploaded at www.perrettlaver.com/candidates, quoting reference number 4307. The closing date for applications is 9 am CET on 25th October 2019.
Applications will be considered by the recruitment committee and preliminarily shortlisted candidates will subsequently be invited for informal conversations with the University, after which a formal shortlist of candidates will be invited for interview and campus visits. Selection of and negotiations with the preferred candidate will take place thereafter.
Please note that this vacancy is only open to female scientists. This is part of the University of Twente’s strategy to increase the proportion of women among its faculty and to create a working environment that is diverse and inclusive and supportive of excellence in research and teaching.
EURAXESS offer ID: 447179
Posting organisation offer ID: 285939
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.